Wednesday 30 July 2014

Long Time No See



Sorry I've not posted for ages as my laptop has been broken and I've only just got it back. So what's been going on whilst I've been away?

Destiny Beta



So the Destiny Beta happened and when it first started there was a free for all on Facebook and twitter as people were giving out beta keys left, right and centre. I don't know where all these people were getting the codes from as I thought you only got one when you pre-ordered. Not that I really care as I managed to nab one so it was a win for me! But because of this mass give away it brought the PSN store to its knees with everyone clamouring to claim the game.

After the dust settled and the store was back up and running I got in to the game. Having already played the Alpha I knew the basic feel of the game but in the beta the campaign missions were new so that's where I started. There weren't too many to ruin the full game, I think there were 6 in total, but there was enough to give you an idea of the story. The plot seems good and will no doubt pull me in further down the line. It does help that they have hired some good actors to provide the voices with Peter Dinklage as your Ghost (a small flying cube that guides and helps you). I didn't realise it was him at first since he is not using a British accent and is talking with his normal American accent. Once I knew it was him I no longer had a flying cube in the game, I had a dwarf in medieval garb walking behind me.

Once the campaign was done I moved on to the PvP which was an experience. I came last on the losing team ever time but enjoyed every minute of it. Its brutal and the other players take no prisoners, it will take some time to get better but it will be fun learning.

Overall this game is the nuts and I can't wait to get the full game. But one thing I did find was it was more enjoyable with a friend. The missions play better with two and PvP was as quiet as a monastery on a Monday night (are monasteries quieter on a Monday night?).

Comic-Con



San Diego hosted its annual convention of comics, films, TV shows and all other forms of geekery and there was a lot of news and announcements. As there was so much I'll just pick out my top 5 pieces of news from comic con.

Number 5
Fight Club and Django Unchained will have sequels but not in film as they are being released as comics. Great news and I will most definitely be adding Fight Club to my monthly buy pile as it is one of my all time favourite films. Yet to see Django so not as hyped but I've heard its meant to be Tarantinos best film since Jackie Brown so I will watch it at some point.

Number 4
The new Mad Max film had a trailer released


Sin City: A Dame To Kill For also got a red band trailer.


Number 3
Telltale games have announced there will be a season 3 for their award winning The Walking Dead series. No release date or platform details but just knowing that there will be a 3rd season is good enough for me.

Number 2
We get a look at Wonder Woman

Too skinny for an Amazonian in my honest opinion. She looks like she would get her arse kicked right through to breakfast if she got into a fight. But it is good to see her invisible jet in the background.

Number 1
Early footage of Age of Ultron has been shown and from what I've heard it's good and that is all I need to know for it to be number 1.

Well that's all I've got for today but I will leave you with this leaked Deadpool movie test footage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be nice!