Sunday 25 May 2014

Starting Again

Well this is not my first blog. I started one about 3 years ago just before my son was born and it lasted for all of 3 posts. Now I could put this down to the birth of my son and being too busy to write but in all honesty it was down to the fact that a friend of mine found it and ridiculed me for it. I don't know why I let it get to me and make me stop, but it did.

The other night for some reason, my wife reminded me of my old blog and suggested I started again. At first I wasn't interested but after looking back at my 3 posts (you can find them here) it made me remember how much I enjoyed doing it. So here I am doing it again, but this time I've decided to branch out from just gaming and write about comics, movies and TV shows as well.

Now that the origin story is out of the way lets get to some news.

EDGAR WRIGHT LEAVES ANT-MAN

Well this came as a shock! I've been looking forward to this film since it was announced way back before Iron Man came out. Edgar Wright seemed to me, to be perfect for a Marvel film; what with the way his movies contain good humour and excellent action scenes. See the gun battle in Hot Fuzz and the toilet fight scene in The Worlds End for proof of how good his action scenes are.

Both sides are citing creative differences for the split. What the differences are? We don't know and probably won't find out unless someone spills the beans. But knowing the House of Mouse, there will most likely be something in place to stop anything becoming public knowledge that might make them look bad. My guess would be Disney wanted something a little more kid friendly than what Wright had in mind and since Wright has been developing this for so long he didn't want to change his vision. Who knows?

Apparently the release date will not be affected and nor will the cast with a new director being announced soon. 

My one worry is this
Now it does show Joss has some class and supports his fellow directors. The worry is where does this leave him with his bosses? Will this upset them? If it does is he untouchable? I hope he is untouchable as this man has created this shared cinematic and televisual universe that is getting bigger and better with each film. If he were to go, is there someone that could handle this behemoth of a project and keep it all connected?

Well that's all for this post, hope it goes down well. If there is anyone reading this please comment below and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might better learn to pick ourselves up.” Alfred Pennyworth.

    Keep on writing, we are looking forward to reading your bloggs, from a whole family of geeks and geeks-in-training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Excellent quote fine lady. I hope to keep you all entertained!

    ReplyDelete

Just be nice!